.The role of the UI/UX Developer is to develop systems and programs that ensure that the right data is accessed through the proper means. He or she will also be responsible for developing database systems to secure information.
This role is project-based and not a full-time employment. Successful candidates will work remotely on a short term basis.
Bewsys is an IT firm that truly understands sustainable development. We create impactful software solutions that help achieve the sustainable development goals.
Bewsys has a successful track record with international development partners such as UNICEF, UNDP, IOM, The World Bank and other bilateral and multilateral organizations.
1. Focus on user-centred design principles to create intuitive and highly functional web, visual, and interaction design.
2. Present design concepts and negotiate with stakeholders to arrive at a design that supports both the business and strong user experience.
3. Simplify complex content and ideas into functional, usable interfaces.
4. Conduct and/or participate in product usability tests with users.
5. Communicate and work effectively with cross-functional team members.
6. Prototype designs in tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Visual Basic.
7. Translate low fidelity wireframes/UX prototypes into effective and appealing interfaces.
8. Contribute to planning and daily stand-ups with the team in an agile workflow.
9. Proactively recognize UX/UI gaps in design and propose solutions.
10. Use graphic design tools (e.g., Adobe XD) to create a new look and feel and improved site navigation.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
2. Fluency of specific languages, such as Java, PHP, or Python will be of added advantage.
3. A minimum of three years of experience in a similar role.
4. Good understanding of the web development cycle and programming techniques and tools.
5. A solid understanding of software construction.
6. Solid understanding of good development practices like test automation, CI/CD, source version control, etc.
7. UI Design Portfolio.
1. Good project management and time management skills.
2. Ability to write programming code.
3. Ability to determine how website and app interfaces access stored data.
4. Research new trends, technologies or regulations.
5. Ability to support system UI/UX design for multiple Scrum/Agile development teams.
6. Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
7. Working Independently.
8. Attention to Detail.
9. Workflow Efficiency.
10. Knowledge of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
11. Must be empathetic.
Mode of Application
Application is strict via Bewsys website. Visit our careers page to apply now.
Deadline for application: Wednesday, September 30, 2020, at 3:00 PM GMT