We are looking for an experienced Software Architect to make intuitive high-level decisions for software development. You will see the “big picture” and create architectural approaches for software design and implementation to guide the engineering team.
A suitable candidate should have a strong technical background and excellent IT skills. He/she should be experienced in designing and should possess the ability to develop a unified vision for software characteristics and functionality.
His/her ultimate goal is to provide a framework for the development of software and/or systems that result in high quality IT solutions.
Bewsys operates a remote-first work environment and therefore, this role is open to international applicants as the job role does not require the physical presence of the candidate in Ghana.
Bewsys is an IT firm that truly understands sustainable development. We create impactful software solutions that help achieve sustainable development goals.
Bewsys has a successful track record with international development partners such as UNICEF, UNDP, IOM, The World Bank and other bilateral organizations.
1. Collaborate with other professionals to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications.
2. Use a variety of tools and methodologies to create representations for functionalities and user interfaces of desired products/solutions.
3. Develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility.
4. Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards.
5. Communicate successfully all concepts and guidelines to the engineering team.
6. Oversee progress of the engineering team to ensure consistency with the initial design.
7. Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers.
8. Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
9. Approve the final product before delivery to the client.
1. Proven experience as a software architect.
2. Experience in software development and coding in various languages (PHP, C#, .NET, Java etc.).
4. Excellent knowledge of UML and other modelling methods.
5. MSc/MA in computer science, engineering or relevant field.
6. A minimum of 8 years of relevant working experience.
1. Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture.
2. Understanding of software quality assurance principles.
3. A technical mindset with great attention to detail.
4. High quality organizational and leadership skills.
5. Outstanding communication and presentation abilities.
6. Excellent communication skills, both written and oral and excellent relationship building skills.
7. Ability to manage Projects.
8.Extensive knowledge of the Sustainable Development Goals.
10. Knowledge of the firm.
11. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
12. Excellent time management skills.
13. Possess self-learning attitude.
Mode of Application
Application is strictly via the Bewsys website. Visit our careers page to apply now.
Deadline for application: Friday, February 26, 2021, at 3:00 PM GMT.