Social Protection Policy Advisor
Bewsys is recruiting for Social Protection Policy Advisor(s) for projects based in East Africa. The successful candidates will be responsible for monitoring and reviewing reports, collating, analysing and sharing results with the Social Protection and Humanitarian team on projects. He/She will also be responsible for monitoring and ensuring that risks are identified and mitigated under humanitarian and social protection partnerships/programmes.
Bewsys operates a remote-first work environment and therefore, this role is open to international applicants as the job role does not require the physical presence of the candidate in Ghana.
Bewsys is an IT firm that truly understands sustainable development. We create impactful software solutions that help achieve sustainable development goals.
Bewsys has a successful track record with international development partners such as UNICEF, UNDP, IOM, The World Bank and other bilateral organizations.
1. Achieving programme outputs, activities, deliverables and expected results within budget agreed time frame and to the highest standards.
2. Leading on key programme planning, coordination and reporting activities.
3. Supporting and advising on the development of comprehensive and integrated national policies for social protection.o the highest standards.
4. Ensuring that relationships with the client, service providers and all key stakeholders are amicable, productive, mutually beneficial and conducive to a long term relationship.
5. Help shape the high-level policy dialogue on adaptive social protection, with a focus on social protection system building with key sector ministries and development partners.
6. Support policy outreach and advocacy for social protection.
1. A development practitioner with a relevant social sciences post-graduate degree.
2. At least five years of relevant experience in social protection policy development and programmes.
3. Experience in social assistance and social insurance policies.
4. Proven experience in policy harmonisation, preferably on social protection interventions.
5. Extensive experience working in Africa or in countries experiencing similar issues in social protection policy development.
6. Ability to lead policy dialogue and a successful track record in advocacy and strategies for influencing policy decision-making.
2. Must be able to work both in a group and as an individual.
3. Ability and willingness to learn new skills to improve on self and the organization.
4. Business Judgment and analytical decision-making skills.
5. Good communication and presentation skills.
6. Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills.
7. Multitasking skills.
9. Must be empathetic.
10. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
11. Good time management skills.