Proposal Development Specialist
We are seeking a dynamic mid-level career professional experienced in international development with a focus on digital solutions for sustainable development. The Proposal Development Specialist will work on complex or strategically critical proposals on behalf of Bewsys.
Bewsys is an IT firm that truly understands sustainable development. We create impactful software solutions that help achieve the sustainable development goals.
Bewsys has a successful track record with international development partners such as UNICEF, UNDP, IOM, The World Bank, other bilateral and multilateral organizations.
Through this role, we will expand our work with international development partners by responding to more RFPs/RFAs.
S/he will be responsible for the entire proposal process including the bid/no-bid decision phase, capture efforts, developing and implementing proposal schedules, and overseeing the development of both technical and cost proposals, ensuring a proposal’s successful on-time submission.
The successful candidate should have experience leading the proposal process, excellent writing skills, enjoy working in a team environment, be solution-oriented and able to work under pressure.
1. Responsible for the bid/no-bid evaluation process for RFAs, RFPs, through a decision-making process that ensures opportunities align with Bewsys’ strategic priorities.
2. Review, analyze, and interpret technical requirements provided in RFIs and RFPs to gain a thorough understanding of the objectives of each solicitation.
3. Draft/Finalize proposals in response to RFPs.
4. Customize, write and edit information for written proposal responses.
5. Develop, produce, and deliver compliant and responsive proposals and any follow-up submissions.
6. Responsible for brainstorming of responsive yet innovative programmatic design concepts, and ensure they are meaningfully translated into written content.
7. Develop and/or oversee the development of proposal schedules, compliance matrixes, and other proposal tools as needed.
8. Ensure cost proposals are responsive and in compliance with the RFP/RFA. This includes creating a budget, reviewing the budgets to make sure all technical components are captured.
9. Ensure all aspects of the proposal are drafted and presented in compliance with RFP/RFA specifications.
10. Perform other roles in proposal development as assigned, including writing sections, reviewing budgets, performing research, and other contributions.
11. Update and maintain standard/frequently-used proposal responses in a proposal content library.
12. Provide input on new processes and workflows as needed.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field (Master’s degree preferred).
2. Past experience developing complex proposals for international development projects in relation to custom software development RFPs/RFAs (5+ years).
3. Excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills.
4. Ability to manage small and large proposal processes with multiple contributors.
5. Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
6. Strong attention to detail.
7. Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, Google platform, Adobe, Slack and other online collaboration tools.
8. Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
9. Excellent time management and organizational skills and the ability to work remotely.
10. Experience with the United Nations, international development companies, bilateral and multilateral donors procurement policies, procedures and mechanism, e.g. World Bank, EU, DFID, etc.
1. Detail-oriented knowledge of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
2. Must be able to work both in a group and as an individual.
3. Must be empathetic.
4. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
5. Ability and willingness to learn new skills to improve on self and the organization.
6. Good time management skills.
7. Firm knowledge of the role.
8. Project management skills.
9. Relationship building and conflict resolution skills.
10. Must be emotionally intelligent.
11. Must be able to coach, mentor, delegate and motivate.
12. Must be able to manage performance.
13. Self-directed and self-motivated.
14. Ability to multitask.
Mode of Application
Application is strictly via Bewsys website. Click on "Join Our Team" button to apply now: https://bewsys.com