Director of Strategic Partnership
The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall revenue attainment for the company by strategically leading Bewsys in acquiring and managing the funding, implementing and collaborative partnerships by expanding relations and informing partners of strategic business goals.
He/She will work directly with the executive team to identify specific strategies and tactics to drive revenue according to predetermined financial objectives. This will involve short and long-term policies and strategies for building collaborative and revenue-producing partnerships and managing complex and multifaceted relationships with major funders and partners (foundations, corporations, international development and government organizations).
Bewsys operates a remote-first work environment and therefore, this role is open to international applicants as the job role does not require the physical presence of the candidate in Ghana.
Bewsys is an IT firm that truly understands sustainable development. We create impactful software solutions that help achieve sustainable development goals.
Bewsys has a successful track record with international development partners such as UNICEF, UNDP, IOM, The World Bank and other bilateral organizations.
1. Identify specific strategies and tactics to drive revenue according to predetermined financial objectives.
2. Develop and implement a sales strategy to increase the reach and impact of our ongoing efforts in expanding market segments.
3. Develop and manage partner networks and strategic partnerships in Ghana and overseas.
4. Develop systems and procedures in support of the identification, engagement and development of strategic partnerships.
5. Conceptualize new strategic initiatives to create corporate, foundation, government, bilateral organizations or other partnerships with revenue and goodwill gains.
6. Identify territory opportunities, challenges and subsequently develop and implement strategies via territory business plans to positively influence partnership volume and referrer growth.
7. Coordinate the management of ongoing relationships with existing partners and where relevant, leverage those relationships to create new business opportunities.
8. Coordinate the expansion and diversification of the funding base/pipeline to increase Bewsys’ major initiatives and existing collaborations.
9. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to structure and execute business initiatives, lead analysis and develop and communicate final recommendations for growing partner relationships.
10. Project and promote Bewsys’ business initiatives to new audiences and partners.
11. Manage and develop marketing programs and materials, such as advertising, event support and online promotions.
12. Manage and achieve budget for revenues and personal/team sales goals, and maximize profitability within all areas of responsibility.
13. Evaluate sales performance.
16. Research trends, competition and funding sources – primarily international development, philanthropic and governmental funding sources - to strategically drive the Bewsys’ business development pipeline.
17. Develop and manage partner agreements.
18. Develop and manage the recruitment of a strategic partnership department within a framework of Bewsys’ strategies and corporate vision.
19. Establish and maintain relationships with key influencers and decision-makers in the target account base.
1. A deep understanding and networks within international development agencies as well as philanthropic firms, nonprofits, NGOs and other impact-driven organisations both locally and internationally.
2. A minimum of ten (10) years of working experience in strategic sales or business development.
3. A minimum of (7) years of successful direct program management, relationship management, marketing or sales in government, nonprofits and NGOs agencies will be of added advantage.
4. A masters’ degree in Business Administration, Marketing and Communications, International Business or a related field is required.
1. Open to travel to local and international locations to meet and liaise with potential partners and clients.
2. Proven ability to find strategic partnerships that have led to increased revenue and contracts.
3. Proven ability to negotiate and work with high-level executives.
4. Strong analytical skills (financial, planning, operational).
5. Demonstrated drive to solve problems in a fast-paced and autonomous environment and leading with high energy and a positive attitude.
6. Ability to develop strategic initiatives or fundraising roles for a nonprofit, foundation, campaign organization, government entity or similar organization.
7. Demonstrated success in that role and tangible experience of having expanded and cultivated existing partnerships over time.
8. Experience of working as part of a senior management team and leading organizational strategy.
9. Strong relationship building skills and an entrepreneurial approach that leverages further opportunities.
10. Excellent communication skills, both written and oral and excellent relationship building skills.
11. Ability to manage Projects.
12.Extensive knowledge of the Sustainable Development Goals.
14. Knowledge of the firm.
15. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
16. Excellent time management skills.
17. Possess self-learning attitude.
Mode of Application
Application is strictly via the Bewsys website. Visit our careers page to apply now.
Deadline for application: Friday, January 29, 2021, at 3:00 PM GMT.