Back End Developer
The role of the Back End Developer is to build and maintain the technology needed to power the components which enable the user-facing side of the website to exist.
This role is project-based and not a full-time employment. Successful candidates will work remotely on a short term basis.
Bewsys is an IT firm that truly understands sustainable development. We create impactful software solutions that help achieve the sustainable development goals.
Bewsys has a successful track record with international development partners such as UNICEF, UNDP, IOM, The World Bank and other bilateral and multilateral organizations.
1. Compile and analyze data, processes, and codes to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement.
2. Collaborating with team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance user experience.
3. Develop ideas for new programs, products, or features by monitoring industry trends.
4. Interpret and follow instructions related to the ultimate functionality of an IT-based product.
5. Develop features from proposal to end result.
6. Create and maintain documentation around features and configuration to save our users time.
7. Take initiative in improving the software in small or large ways to address pain points in your own experience as a developer.
8. Keep code easy to maintain and keep it easy for others to contribute.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
2. Fluency of specific languages, such as Java, PHP, or Python.
3. Experience in the use of tools such as Jira, Bitbucket, Slack, Git,
4. Programming techniques; understanding of Arrays, OOP.
5. A minimum of three years of experience in a similar role.
6. Good understanding of the web development cycle and programming techniques and tools.
7. A solid understanding of software construction.
8. Solid understanding of good development practices like test automation, CI/CD, source version control, etc.
1. Good project management and time management skills.
2. Ability to write programming code.
3. Ability to determine how website and app interfaces access stored data.
4. Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
5. Working Independently.
6. Attention to detail.
7. Workflow efficiency.
8. Knowledge of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
9. Must be empathetic.
Application is strictly via Bewsys website. Visit our careers page to apply now.
Deadline for application: Wednesday, September 30, 2020, at 3:00 PM GMT